Recycling is provided at no additional charge to residents who receive the City's solid waste collection service. Initially, residents will one 65 gallon recycling cart with lid free of charge. Residents should place all recyclable items such as paper, cardboard and plastic, glass bottles and metal cans in the same bin. No separation of different recyclable materials is necessary. 65 gallon recycling carts MAY NOT BE USED for any solid waste except recyclables.
- Aluminum / bi-metal beverage cans
- Chipboard - Detergent boxes and dry packaged food boxes (remove all plastic linings)
- Clean aluminum foil and pie pans
- Corrugated cardboard flattened to 2 feet by 3 feet
- Glass bottles and jars from food or drinks
- Juice boxes, not including the straw
- Newspapers, magazines and catalogues
- Office, school and fax papers
- Phone books, junk mail and envelopes
- Plastic (#1-7) bottles and jugs
- Steel food and aerosol cans (remove tips)
- Cardboard items either larger than 2 feet by 3 feet or not flattened
- Paper towels, napkins and tissues
- Plastics such as take-out containers, butter tubs, yogurt cups and bags
- Styrofoam, ribbon and diapers
- Wax-coated frozen food boxes
- Windows, mirrors, pots and pans
- Wrapping paper and fast food wrappers
Additional Recycling Information
- All containers must be clearly labeled for recycling.
- All containers must weigh less than 50 pounds each.
- Place extra recyclables in paper bags clearly marked "recycling."
- Rinse containers and remove lids.
- Write your address on your bin.
Many other items, such as gently used appliances, furniture, clothing, salvaged building materials and electronics, can be recycled at various drop-off centers throughout Central Ohio.