The 3.5-acre Village Green is located in the middle of uptown Worthington and is an important part of our New England tradition. Worthington forefathers initially set this area aside in 1803. Originally, it was used as an open pasturage and grazing area for farmers when they came into town.
The Village Green's walkways are lined with brick. The bricks on the northwest quadrant bear the names of early pioneers. The southeast quadrant of the green is the location of Worthington's holiday tree. The green is now often used for festivals, concerts and our summer farmer's market.Walking Tour
View the Village Green Walking Tour Brochure