Fire Hydrant Flushing takes place April 25 – May 27, 2016
Hydrant Flushing will take place in the City of Worthington between April 25 and May 27, 2016. There is no set street schedule of when the Fire Department will be flushing hydrants. The hydrants will be flushed according to crew availability. It is best to check your water quality for any sediment or discoloration during this time period before doing laundry, cleaning or cooking to be sure the water is clear.
Water Quality Tips
- Week of April 25th – north of West Dublin Granville Road, west of High Street, east of the Olentangy River.
- Week of May 2nd - north of West Dublin Granville Road, west of the Olentangy River, including Brookside Estates (Perry Township).
- Week of May 9th – south of Dublin Granville Road, west of High Street, including the Village of Riverlea
- Week of May 16th – south of Dublin Granville Road, east of High Street and Sharon Township south of Worthington.
- Week of May 23rd – north of Dublin Granville Road, east of High Street.
On the date(s) we may be on your street or in your area avoid doing any laundry, cleaning, cooking, etc. until after flushing is complete and water quality returns to normal. We also recommend you avoid drinking the tap water until it is free of sediment. You can check the water by simply running your tap and filling a glass to make certain no visible sediment, rust, or discoloration is present. Normally water quality returns to normal within a few hours after flushing. If it does not, running taps within your home may help restore water quality more quickly.
If you accidentally wash or stain laundry with rusty water, DO NOT DRY THE CLOTHING. Go to your local home supply store or grocery where you can purchase cleaning agents designed to remove such stains and re-wash the items per package directions.
We do not stock rust removal agents/detergents for residents and can offer no further assistance than the information on this page.
If you are not certain whether hydrant flushing was completed on your designated day, please feel free to contact the Worthington Division of Fire at (614) 885-7640.
The hydrants in Worthington Hills are private and are checked and serviced by Ohio American Water Franklin County. You may contact them directly for flushing date(s). Their telephone number is 1-800-673-5999.