2016 Leaf Collection Has Ended!
Crews began Monday morning, December 5th to run a final "clean sweep". Any leaves that were not raked to the curb by Monday morning December 5th may not be picked up. Once crews have finished that final sweep, equipment will be converted and trucks will be set up with their plows and salt spreaders to keep your streets plowed and melted after each snowfall event this winter. Once the trucks are converted for snow removal early in the week, we cannot come back and collect any more leaves.
The Worthington Department of Service & Engineering offers leaf collection services to all Worthington residents during the autumn season. The department's goal is to provide efficient and effective leaf collection that is convenient for residents. Each street will receive collection once a week. Limited staffing and weather restricts us from being able to schedule particular streets on particular days.
Leaf Collection Schedule
Newer technologies and equipment will allow crews to collect leaves citywide each week of the scheduled collection season as staffing and weather allow. Crews will make every effort to collect leaves from each street once per week. To ensure collection, please have your leaves raked to the curb by Monday morning of each scheduled collection week. The Service and Engineering Department cannot guarantee collection of leaves raked out later in the week. 2016 Leaf Collection Has Concluded.
Leaves placed at the curb for collection after the final week must be bagged in paper yard waste bags for regular Friday collection.
- All leaves must be raked to the curb - do not place leaves in the street. Leaves in streets cause storm sewers to clog and create traffic hazards.
- Do not include foreign materials, such as brush, twigs or grass clippings. Such material damages the leaf vacuum machine.
- Place leaves well away from obstructions such as trees, signs and fire hydrants, since the pick-up hose cannot reach past these obstructions. Leaves near these obstructions will not be picked up.
- Remove vehicles from the street during collection weeks. The leaf vacuum truck will not be able to pick up any leaves blocked by a parked vehicle.
Residents have two additional leaf disposal options:
- Friday curbside yard waste collection - Residents should place leaves in paper yard bags or in a permanent container with a decal labeled "Yard Waste Only"
- Yard waste drop-off - Residents may bring leaves directly to the Department of Service & Engineering at:
380 Highland Ave.
Worthington, OH 43085
Leaves can be brought to the department on Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, and on the last Saturday of the month during March through October, from 12:00 noon to 3:00 pm.