Properly packaged yard waste
Yard waste is required to be completely separated from trash since it is not allowed in the landfill. Yard waste includes grass clippings, branches, sticks, leaves, logs, and plant material. Soil, vegetables/food, rocks and pebbles, treated wood and pet waste must be placed in the trash.
Yard waste may be placed at the curb in the following methods:
Brush, limbs and other yard waste piled at the curb in any other manner will not be collected nor chipped by the City!
- Paper yard waste bags (purchased at lawn/garden stores)
- Permanent containers with two handles plainly marked Yard Waste
- Bundled tightly with string or twine no longer than 4 ft. in length and no larger than 2ft. in diameter.
- All bags, cans and bundles must weigh less than 50lbs.
- Logs and firewood must be less than 10" in diameter, fireplace length, and stacked neatly at the curb in small quantities. If you have a large amount please parse them out, 5 or 6 at a time over several weeks.
- Large logs and limbs will not be collected.