Go To Search
RSSPrintEmail
TwitterFacebook
Radon Testing
You can't see radon or smell or taste it but it may be a problem in your home. Radon comes from the natural decay of uranium that is found in nearly all soils. It typically moves up through the ground and into your home through cracks and other holes in the foundation and builds up in your home. According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency, indoor radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States and the leading cause among non-smokers. The only way to find out if you have elevated radon levels in your home is to conduct a simple test.

The Franklin County Board of Health has a limited number of free home radon kits available. Please visit the Franklin County Board of Health for more information on obtaining a testing kit for your home.