The Ohio Attorney General's Consumer Protection Section created an Identity Theft Unit to help victims rectify the effects of identity theft. The Unit offers two programs:
- A consumer advocate will work with credit agencies, creditors, collectors, or other organizations on the victim's behalf.
- Individuals must have a police report to participate in this program.
- This option is ideal for those who are not comfortable trying to correct the effects of identity theft themselves.
Help for identity theft victims (Ohio Attorney General's Informational Flyer)
- Victims will receive a step-by-step guide to attempt to rectify the effects of identity theft themselves.
- The guide includes necessary contact information and form letters to dispute information on credit reports, dispute charges, or take other action.
For more information or assistance
Identity theft frequently asked questions