2016 Leaf Collection Has Ended!
Crews have wrapped up the 2016 Curbside Leaf Collection season and are hard at work preparing for the cold, ice and snow we're sure to see this winter. The leaf collection equipment has been serviced and put away, and the trucks converted to snow plowing operations. Any remaining leaves you may have can be placed in paper yard waste bags and collected with Friday's regular yard waste collection by Local Waste Services. 2017 Leaf Collection will begin on October 9th, 2017.
The Worthington Department of Service & Engineering offers leaf collection services to all Worthington residents during the autumn season. The department's goal is to provide efficient and effective leaf collection that is convenient for residents. Each street will receive collection once a week. Limited staffing and weather restricts us from being able to schedule particular streets on particular days.
Leaf Collection Schedule
Newer technologies and equipment will allow crews to collect leaves citywide each week of the scheduled collection season as staffing and weather allow. Crews will make every effort to collect leaves from each street once per week. To ensure collection, please have your leaves raked to the curb by Monday morning of each scheduled collection week. The Service and Engineering Department cannot guarantee collection of leaves raked out later in the week. 2016 Leaf Collection Has Concluded.
Leaves placed at the curb for collection after the final week must be bagged in paper yard waste bags for regular Friday collection.
- All leaves must be raked to the curb - do not place leaves in the street. Leaves in streets cause storm sewers to clog and create traffic hazards.
- Do not include foreign materials, such as brush, twigs or grass clippings. Such material damages the leaf vacuum machine.
- Place leaves well away from obstructions such as trees, signs and fire hydrants, since the pick-up hose cannot reach past these obstructions. Leaves near these obstructions will not be picked up.
- Remove vehicles from the street during collection weeks. The leaf vacuum truck will not be able to pick up any leaves blocked by a parked vehicle.
Residents have two additional leaf disposal options:
- Friday curbside yard waste collection - Residents should place leaves in paper yard bags or in a permanent container with a decal labeled "Yard Waste Only"
- Yard waste drop-off - Residents may bring leaves directly to the Department of Service & Engineering at:
380 Highland Ave.
Worthington, OH 43085
Leaves can be brought to the department on Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, and on the last Saturday of the month during March through October, from 12:00 noon to 3:00 pm.