- Planning & Building
- Building Regulation
- Applicable Codes
- Zoning Code
- Building Code for 1-, 2-, and 3-family Dwellings
- Building Code for all other Uses
- Ohio Fire Code
- Property Maintenance Code
The zoning code is Part 11 of the Codified Ordinances of Worthington, Ohio. The Division of Planning can assist you in understanding some of the less common provisions like subdivisions and nonconforming uses, and such.
A property owner who is planning a project will typically need to understand the following about their property.
1) The zoning district. The Worthington GIS can help you determine what district your property is in.
2) Based on that information, the Permitted and Conditional Uses for that district can generally be found in Chapter 1147 .
3) The dimensional requirements, including setback information, can generally be found in Chapter 1149 .
4) Sign requirements can be found in Chapter 1170 .
5) Off street parking requirements can be found in Chapter 1171.
6) Other special provisions may apply to residential uses in Chapter 1173 and commercial and industrial uses in Chapter 1175 .
7) Fencing requirements can be found in Chapter 1180 .
Depending on your zoning district, and where in the City the property is located, additional requirements may apply. Additional information not typically needed by most property owners include seeking variances from the zoning code, needing a Certificate of Appropriateness from the Architectural Review Board, or needing a Conditional Use Permit from the Municipal Planning Commission. These more complicated subjects are best understood by visiting the Division of Planning page.