On June 17, 2019, Worthington City Council approved the Bike and Pedestrian Master Plan. The plan will help guide the development of bicycle and pedestrian routes, linking activity centers within the City and the central Ohio region.
View the approved Bike and Pedestrian Master Plan here.
The related Complete Streets Policy was also approved by Council at its 6/17/2019 meeting.
- May 2018: the City of Worthington selected the Consultant team of Blue Zones LLC and Planning NEXT to engage the community in developing a Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan.
- June 2018: Mr. Tony Hull met with City leaders and Steering Committee members to provide an overview of the Plan development process, present the public engagement strategy for feedback, inventory existing conditions, and facilitate interviews and focus group meetings.
- August 2018: Mr. Dan Burden and Mr. Hull facilitated community engagement, walking audits and met with the Steering Committee.
- November 2018: Mr. Hull presented the existing conditions analyses and the draft network recommendations for feedback.
- February 2019: Mr. Burden and Mr. Hull presented a draft of the Plan to City Council and for community feedback.
- May 2019: The Master Plan was tabled by City Council so members could provide additional feedback.
- June 17. 2019: Bike and Pedestrian Mater Plan approved by Council.
For more information, please contact Celia Thornton, Project Supervisor, at email@example.com.