COVID-19 Worthington Mayor's Court Safety Protocols
For your safety and the safety of all staff members, the following measures are effective immediately regarding court proceedings in the Worthington Mayor’s Court:
- All sessions of the Worthington Mayor’s Court shall be conducted in person.
- Please contact the Clerk of Court office at 614-786-7351 several days prior to the court date to discuss required procedures if any of the following apply:
- your appearance in court is required
- you plan to appear in court on your case
- you wish to speak with the prosecutor regarding your case
- Only an attorney may appear with you, do not bring anyone else to court. All friends and family members must wait in the car.
- Please arrive precisely at your assigned time. You will only be allowed to enter at the time of your scheduled appearance or as directed by a member of the court staff.
- Masks Required in all City Facilities – All members of the public are required to wear a mask over their nose and mouth at all times while inside the Municipal Buiding and courtroom until further notice. You must wear a mask regardless of whether or not you are vaccinated. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for free.
- You must use hand sanitizer upon entering the building. Hand sanitizer stations are provided.
- In the event we are temporarily unable to provide a safe environment that promotes social distancing, you may be asked to wait outside the building or in your car until such environment can be achieved.
Please remember to practice social distancing if you encounter other individuals while entering or exiting the building.
You may be required to complete a health questionnaire and have a temperature check.
Individuals who are currently ill, experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19, have had known contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19 during the last 14 days or belong to a high-risk group are asked to call 614-786-7351 prior to your scheduled court date for further instructions.
These measures are subject to change at any time.
There are several options for paying a ticket or making a payment other than posting a bond for a warrant:
- Payments by check or money order may be mailed to:
Worthington Mayor’s Court
6550 N. High Street
Worthington, OH 43085
- Payments by check or money order can be placed in the court’s drop box located beside the door on the north side of the municipal building (same address as mailing address.) Please put your payment and copy of your ticket in an envelope. Put your name, address, and your telephone number on the outside of the envelope.
- Online payments by credit card can be made by clicking on the "Pay Online" link to the right on this page.
- Telephone payments by credit card can be made by calling 614-352-2402.
- Payments may be made in person at the same address as listed above. In person, the forms of payment that will be accepted are credit card, check, money order or cash.
Please note that a convenience fee will be assessed to all credit card payments. If you wish to avoid this fee, please use one of the other payment options listed above.
The Mayor's Court handles traffic violations and other misdemeanors in the City of Worthington.
Court Date and Time
- Court takes place every Tuesday at 6:00 pm.
- Exception: when Monday is a holiday, court is held on Wednesday at 6:00 pm.
- Worthington Municipal Building
- 6550 N. High Street, Worthington
- 1st Floor
- Parking is located on the north side of the building
Scott D. Holmes, Mayor
Joseph Mas, Vice-Mayor
Karen E. Sheffer, Prosecutor