Closures and Cancellations
Worthington Closures, Cancellations and Postponements
Updated 8/6/2020 7:00 p.m.
Most recently reported updates are at the top of the list
- September 12 - Old Worthington Market Day cancelled.
- October 11 - Paws in the Park cancelled
- The Worthington Concerts on the Green has been cancelled for the 2020 season.
- Worthington Schools has delayed their first day of school for students to August 31, 2020. The Responsible Restart Plan will guide the District and Worthington families as they move forward with reopening our schools. See the plan here.
- The McConnell Arts Center is now open limited open gallery hours, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1pm to 4pm and Saturdays from 10am to 1pm. Online exhibits and programs will also continue. Learn more from the MAC online.
- The Worthington Farmers Market continues with its walk-in format at a new location. See details here
- October 4 - Fire and Police Open Houses are cancelled.
- Worthington Youth Boosters (WYB) has resumed some programming based on guidance from the Ohio Department of Health, the Ohio High School Athletic Association, the National Federation of High School Sports, and the Centers for Disease Control.
Get the latest WYB updates here.
- Worthington Pools, operated by Swiminc, is closed for the 2020 outdoor season. See the announcement here.
- Limited hours and services are being offered by Worthington Libraries See details here
- Yard Waste Drop-off is available between the hours of 7:30am to 11:00am weekdays until further notice. Call 614-431-2425 when you arrive to be permitted in the gate. Saturday Yard Waste Drop-off will take place on the last Saturday of every month between 11am and 2pm.
- Events at the Worthington Historical Society have been cancelled or postponed. See more information here
- Worthington Area Chamber of Commerce is holding some virtual events. Visit the Chamber online for complete schedule updates
- Continuing drive-up service only at the Worthington Resource Pantry
These decisions are not easy and we know they impact a lot of Worthington families. Our community partners have the full support of the City as they face these difficult decisions. These extreme steps will help reduce the risk and spread of the disease. We know the impacts these closings and cancellations have on your everyday life and appreciate your cooperation and understanding.