What you Need to Know about Phase 1B Vaccine Distribution (updated 1/15/2021)
- Vaccination Phase 1B begins January 18 for people 80+
- Columbus Public Health appointments are being scheduled by phone by calling 614-645-1519. Phone volume is heavy so please try again if phone lines are busy.
- Local pharmacies are also getting a supply. These locations are also listed on the Ohio Health Department website.
- Currently, there is more demand than supply, but vaccination distribution will continue to grow as supply increases.
Public Health Officials Prepare for Phase 1B Vaccine Distribution
Columbus Public Health (CPH) and Franklin County Public Health (FCPH) will both receive limited doses of COVID-19 vaccine to start vaccinating seniors 80 years of age and older next week. CPH will only have 600 doses and FCPH only 500 doses to distribute the week of January 18.
“We were so pleased to see that 72 providers in Columbus and Franklin County are getting vaccine next week,” said Joe Mazzola, Franklin County Health Commissioner. “The challenge continues to be the quantity of available vaccine and it is important to note that each provider will only receive a limited number each week, so we ask for your patience and understanding.”
Depending on available supply, the vaccine will be available to the following age groups according to this tentative schedule:
- Week of January 19 - 80 years of age and older
- Week of January 25 - 75 years of age and older; those with severe congenital or developmental disorders.
- Week of February 1 - 70 years of age and older; employees of K-12 schools remaining or returning to in-person or hybrid models.
- Week of February 8 - 65 years of age and older.
- As the weeks progress the previous age groups are still eligible to receive the vaccine moving forward.
Columbus Public Health
Celeste Center, 717 E 17th Ave. – BY APPOINTMENT ONLY (no walk-ins)
Appointments will be made for Monday, January 18 through Saturday, January 23 – pending vaccine availability
Scheduling will open at 9 a.m. on Friday, January 15 by telephone only
Hotline and vaccination registration: (614) 645-1519 (open 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday through Friday; 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday)
Franklin County Public Health
Wednesday, January 20th – BY APPOINTMENT ONLY (no walk-ins)
1700 Morse Road, Columbus, 43229
Scheduling will open at Noon on Friday, January 15th and will be available online or by phone
Hotline – (614) 525-5225 (open Noon-4pm Friday)
Website - Register with FCPH here