Worthington Police Implement Body-Worn Cameras
The Worthington Division of Police has implemented a body-worn camera program to increase accountability, strengthen trust and relationships with members of the community and provide accurate information about police interactions.
The primary benefits of body-worn cameras are to:
- Strengthen community trust and relationships.
- Promote transparency with the public.
- Promote officer safety while safeguarding the rights and privacy of community members.
- Improve the quality of evidence in investigations and criminal prosecutions.
- Improve training and performance.
- Provide accurate information about police interactions.
Resources and Information