2023 Leaf Collection will begin October 9th and run thru December 4th
Curbside leaf collection is offered to residents during the fall each year. Crews begin the second week of October and wrap up the first week of December each year.
Residents have other options to dispose of their leaves. Yard waste collection takes place year-round each Friday. Leaves may be bagged in paper bags for Friday collection. Residents may also drop off bagged leaves at the Service & Engineering Department, 380 Highland Avenue, weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
All leaves collected curbside, collected in yardwaste bags or dropped off at our service yard are composted through Ohio Mulch and turned into soil amendments and organic material for use in landscaping and gardening.
Leaf Collection Schedule
The Worthington Department of Service & Engineering offers leaf collection services to all Worthington residents during the autumn season. 2023 Collection will begin October 9th. The department's goal is to provide efficient and effective leaf collection that is convenient for residents. Crews work hard to see that each street receives collection once a week. This continues through the scheduled season as staffing, equipment maintenance and weather allow. Limited staffing and weather restricts us from being able to schedule particular streets on particular days. Please have your leaves raked to the curb by Monday morning of each scheduled week during collection to ensure pick up. Once completed with your street that week, crews will be making their way through the rest of the city and may not return in the same week. The Service & Engineering Department cannot guarantee collection of leaves raked out later in the week. Leaves placed at the curb for collection after the final week must be bagged in paper yard waste bags for regular Friday collection.
- All leaves must be raked to the curb - do not place leaves in the street. Leaves in streets cause storm sewers to clog and create traffic hazards. Leaves more than two feet from the curb cannot be collected due to the limited reach of the vacuum equipment.
- Do not include foreign materials, such as brush, twigs or grass clippings. Such material damages the leaf vacuum machine.
- Place leaves well away from obstructions such as trees, signs and fire hydrants, since the pick-up hose cannot reach past these obstructions. Leaves near these obstructions will not be picked up.
- Remove vehicles from the street during collection weeks. The leaf vacuum truck will not be able to pick up any leaves blocked by a parked vehicle. Crews will not return to collect leaves until the next week.
Residents have two additional leaf disposal options:
- Friday curbside yard waste collection - Residents should place leaves in paper yard bags or in a permanent container with a decal labeled "Yard Waste Only"
- Yard waste drop-off - Residents may bring leaves directly to the Department of Service & Engineering at:
380 Highland Ave.
Worthington, OH 43085
Leaves can be brought to the department on Monday through Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., and on the last Saturday of the month during March through October, from 11am to 2pm.