Street Use

Obstruction Ordinance

No person shall place any obstruction on any public street, sidewalk, or alley unless authorized by the Director of Safety or Director of Service & Engineering. By special request, the Service Director can grant permission for temporary, short term replacement of a moving/storage container. Please contact the Worthington Department of Service & Engineering at 431-2425 for more information.

Block Parties

If you are planning a block party and would like to temporarily block a street to vehicular traffic, a Street Use Permit is required. Permits are available at the Municipal Building located at 6550 N. High St. Call the City Clerk at 436-3100 for more information.

Driveway Installation/Curb Cuts

Installing a driveway or entrance from any public street or alley, across and over any public right-of-way, sidewalk, or curb, first requires a permit from the Department of Service & Engineering. Call 431-2425 for more information