Neighborhood and Community Development Seed Grant
Program Provides Assistance with Neighborhood and Community Initiatives
The Community Relations Commission (CRC) distributes seed funding through the Neighborhood and Community Development Seed Grant Program for project ideas that will help build a stronger sense of community and align with its mission. Resources are available for individuals, neighborhoods and community associations who propose a project that builds community and/or improves community relations. Project ideas themed around making Worthington a Diverse and Equitable Community, as highlighted in the Worthington Vision Statement below, are of particular interest. The goal is to provide resources for projects with lasting impact.
Vision: Worthington is a diverse and equitable community
Worthington welcomes people across age, race, gender, ethnicity, orientation, gender expression, abilities, income, religion and politics. We are committed to systems, processes, resources, employment and public services that are accessible and fair for all. We recognize inequities and actively work to overcome biases and injustices that create barriers to full inclusion within our community. Diversity strengthens the social fabric of Worthington as we build authentic, lasting relationships and care for one another.
As a community, we
- Create conditions that increase the diversity of our city to better reflect the racial and ethnic composition of our region.
- Proactively identify, evaluate and address policies and practices that negatively affect underrepresented populations.
- Create opportunities and remove barriers for people from a wide range of ages, abilities and income levels to live in our city.
- Implement policies and foster inclusive environments that increase diversity in public employment, business ownership and community leadership.
- Honor and celebrate our diversity with regular cultural events and multicultural education.
Read more about Vision Worthington at worthington.org/visioning.
Applicants may also download the application packet and submit it via e-mail to Lori.Trego@worthington.org