Neighborhood and Community Development Seed Grant
Applications are now CLOSED for 2023.
Program Provides Assistance with Neighborhood and Community Initiatives
The Community Relations Commission (CRC) distributes seed funding through the Neighborhood and Community Development Seed Grant Program for project ideas that will help build a stronger sense of community and align with its mission. Resources are available for individuals, neighborhoods, and community associations who propose a project that builds community and/or improves community relations.
Project ideas themed around making Worthington a Diverse and Equitable Community, as highlighted in the Worthington Vision Statement below, are of particular interest. The goal is to provide resources for projects with lasting impact.
Vision: Worthington is a diverse and equitable community
Worthington welcomes people across age, race, gender, ethnicity, orientation, gender expression, abilities, income, religion, and politics. We are committed to systems, processes, resources, employment, and public services that are accessible and fair for all. We recognize inequities and actively work to overcome biases and injustices that create barriers to full inclusion within our community. Diversity strengthens the social fabric of Worthington as we build authentic, lasting relationships and care for one another.
As a community, we
- Create conditions that increase the diversity of our city to better reflect the racial and ethnic composition of our region.
- Proactively identify, evaluate, and address policies and practices that negatively affect underrepresented populations.
- Create opportunities and remove barriers for people from a wide range of ages, abilities, and income levels to live in our city.
- Implement policies and foster inclusive environments that increase diversity in public employment, business ownership, and community leadership.
- Honor and celebrate our diversity with regular cultural events and multicultural education.
Read more about Vision Worthington at worthington.org/visioning.
2023 Information & Criteria
The Grant Review Committee will consider the following eligible applicants:
- Residents of the Worthington School District who are working as:
- An individual or group.
- An organization or neighborhood association.
- If forming a new community organization or group, they are either a. building programs to benefit the Worthington community or b. supporting individual neighborhoods.
- Informal groups should provide information on how they are organized and plans for collaboration and sustainability of the project (when appropriate)
- Businesses are not eligible.
The Grant Selection Committee will consider project requests which meet as many of the following criteria as possible:
- Fostering or enhancing community
- Creating opportunities to volunteer and work together
- Bolstering partnerships within the community
- Demonstrating sustainability of the project beyond the initial launch