Service & Engineering
Responsibilities & Services
The Department of Service and Engineering is responsible for providing efficient and high quality maintenance services to the residents of Worthington, as well as the installation, maintenance and repair of City-owned utilities and infrastructure.
The Department consists of 2 divisions, Public Service and Engineering.
Building and Department Specific Operations beginning May 11
Safety precautions outlined in the Initial Reopening Plan apply to all open City facilities.
Please make every attempt to conduct business on the phone, by email or virtual meeting.
Specific staff contact phone numbers and emails are available here
Service & Engineering
Weekday hours: 7:30 am – 3:00 pm
- The public is encouraged to conduct business by phone, email or online whenever possible.
- Some public services that had been on hold have resumed, such as street sweeping and repairs to storm basins, hydrants, streets, traffic signals.
- Yard Waste Drop-off is available between the hours of 7:30am to 3pm weekdays. Residents should pull up to the gate and press the call button at the pedestal. You will be permitted in the gate after you have given your name and address. The gate will automatically open upon your departure.
- Saturday Yard Waste Drop-off will take place the last Saturday of every month between Noon and 3pm from March through October.
- Service requests can be submitted online http://www.worthington.org/RequestTracker.aspx
- No vendors, consultants or contractors will be allowed without an appointment. All appointments will be conducted via phone or video conference when possible.
- See all vendor and contractor safety protocols here
- Permit applications can be processed online: http://www.worthington.org/DocumentCenter/View/6315/Service-and-Engineering-Service-Change-
Learn more about the City's upcoming Sewer improvements
The Division of Public Service provides the following programs:
- Hanging baskets
- Health services
- Household hazardous waste
- Leaf collection
- Right-Of-Way and grounds maintenance
- Snow and ice removal
- Solid waste (garbage, recycling and yard waste)
- Stormwater management
- Street maintenance
- Utilities (water lines, storm sewers, sanitary sewers)
- Enforcement of Bamboo Legislation.
- Administers and manages the City’s public infrastructure improvements
- Provides engineering support for other City Departments
- Maintains and enhances the City’s Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping
- Oversees and inspects work done in the public rights of way
- Performs utility location of City-owned utilities as a member of the Ohio Utilities Protection Service
- Maintains record plans in traditional and digital formats
- Reviews development site plans for stormwater regulation and code compliance