The former Harding Hospital site is now owned by Boundless, a private not-for-profit organization which provides direct services and residential options for intellectual and developmentally disabled individuals throughout central Ohio. Boundless has been conducting a master planning process to optimize the use of the campus while honoring the history and natural beauty of the location and surroundings.
Harding Hospital was founded in 1916 by George T. Harding II, MD to provide treatment for people with physical, mental, social and spiritual needs, and operated on its 45 acre Worthington campus until 1999, when it became part of The Ohio State University’s Wexner Medical Center. In 2014, Step by Step academy purchased the property and provided mental health services out of some of the buildings. In 2017, Step-by-Step merged with Boundless, formerly known as Franklin County Residential Services, which is now headquartered at the site. More Harding Hospital history from Worthington Memory