September 29, 2012
Worthington, OH 43085
Old Worthington Market Day
Saturday, September 29, 2012
Market Day, Worthington's largest one-day festival, captures the spirit of earlier days when farmers brought their crops to market. Today artisans gather on the streets of Old Worthington to present a colorful and varied display of quality hand-crafted goods from jewelry, pottery and ceramics to beautiful paintings, decorative clothing and unique wood products. More than 250 exhibitors are expected to display their wares.
The Market Day festival on September 29th brings street closures and parking restrictions to the City of Worthington. The festival runs down the middle of High Street in historic downtown Worthington. The street closing and detours are as follows:
- High St. from Granville Rd. to South St. will be closed to all traffic from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- The traffic detour for southbound traffic is High St. to west on Rt. 161; south on Evening St., east on W. South St. and south on High St.
- The traffic detour for northbound traffic is High St. to east on E. South St.; north on Hartford St.; west on Rt. 161 and north on High St.
To maintain access for emergency vehicles and facilitate traffic movement it will be necessary to temporarily post certain streets "No Parking" beginning Friday evening, September 28, 2012. The signs will be removed and parking restrictions lifted following the Market Day Celebration at approximately 6:30 p.m. The areas to be posted temporary "No Parking" are:
- High St. - Granville Rd. to South St.
- E. Stafford Ave. –north side only from High St. to Hartford St.
- Hartford St. - North St. to South St.
- Morning St. - Granville Rd. to South St.
- E. New England Ave. - High St. to Plymouth St.
- Oxford St. - Granville Rd to South St.
- Evening St. - Granville Rd. to South St.
- South St. - Morning St. to Evening St.
- W. North Street - High St. to Evening St.
- W. New England Ave. –south side only from Evening St. to Sinsbury Dr.
- W. New England Ave. –north side only from Oxford St. to Evening St.
- Farrington Dr. –west side only from Dublin-Granville Rd to Sinsbury Dr.
- Sinsbury Dr. – south side and west side only
The cooperation of area residents is greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, please contact the Service Department at 431-2425, or the Worthington Police Department at 885-4463. Any questions arising on September 29, 2012 should be directed to the Police Department.