Worthington Family Picnic
Gather the family and come on down to the Worthington Family Picnic and Fireworks Celebration on the 4th of July! Bring your lawn chairs and blankets and enjoy a family picnic on the lawn of Thomas Worthington High School (TWHS) with food, live musical entertainment, Supergames and much more! The festivities begin at 4:00 p.m. and continue through the fireworks celebration until 11:00 p.m. The Worthington Family Picnic is sponsored by the Dublin-Worthington Rotary.
The fireworks celebration begins at 10:00 p.m. The display can be viewed either from the Family Picnic location on the front lawn of TWHS, or at the football stadium to the west of the high school.
The Family Picnic and Fireworks takes place rain or shine. However, in the case of impending storms and lightening, City and Safety officials will evaluate the circumstances and may determine the display be set off early or postponed. In the event the fireworks are postponed, the rain date is set as the Sunday of Labor Day weekend, September 5th. If a severe storm hits before or during the display, Thomas Worthington High School will be open as an emergency shelter. Announcements will be made over the PA system both in the stadium and the family picnic areas. Updates will also be posted on the City's Facebook and Twitter pages.
Limited parking will be available at the TWHS parking lot to the west and north of the building. Because it always fills up early, people are encouraged to park outside of the high school neighborhood area, carpool, bike or walk. The municipal lots in the downtown area will be available for people to park and walk into the high school area. To maintain access for emergency vehicles and facilitate traffic movement it will be necessary to post certain streets “No Parking" on July 4th. Parking restrictions will be lifted following the event. The areas to be posted "No Parking" are:
• Medick Way – both sides
• Tucker Dr. - north side only
• Tucker N.W. - both sides
• Farrington Dr. - north side only
• Seabury Dr. - west side only
• Sinsbury Dr. N. - north side only
• Blanford Dr. - north side only
• Sanbridge Circle - north side only
• W. New England Ave. – north side only, west of Oxford
• Evening St. – both sides from W. New England Ave. to Rt. 161
• Granville Service Rds. – both sides
• West Granville Rd. – both sides from Evening St. to the Olentangy River Rd. bridge
• North Street – both sides
To facilitate the flow of traffic after the fireworks, North Street will become one way eastbound. The cooperation of area residents is greatly appreciated.
City Hours of Operation
- City offices, including the Griswold Center and Community Center, will be closed on Monday, July 4th in observance of the Independence Day holiday, with the exception of emergency Police and Fire services.
- Trash collection for Worthington residents will shift to Saturday, July 9th.